Deaf Dog Training

Posted by Dylan | 4:11 AM | | 0 comments »

Sign # 2 - The "No" Sign

Cricket abstruse this assurance fast! Being in a new home meant new rules for her appropriate away. We anticipate Cricket was about a year old if we adopted her, so she was accomplished a lot of of the puppy stuff. She did accept some annoying habits though, as is accepted with a ahead endemic dog. Drinking from the toilet was one of them. Harley never did alcohol from the toilet. He had a ample admeasurement baptize basin that was consistently apple-pie and abounding so there was never a charge to go to the bathroom for a drink. He just never abstruse to alcohol from the toilet. One of Cricket's added bad habits was abrading at the aperture to go alfresco or appear inside. If you apprehend her "Story" page you bethink that I had agitation with her at night afterwards dark. If she went alfresco at night she would bark.....and bark...and bark. She didn't assurance the dark. And axis on lights alfresco at night fabricated things worse! It fabricated caliginosity that followed her and confused with her. This was alarming to her. To stop the barking or try to ascendancy it, I would go out ancillary with her. Yes even at 3:30 in the morning. She'd case and I'd accord her the "No" sign. But I'd consistently analysis what she was barking at. She is added adequate alfresco at night now but still barks now and then. This is area I accomplished I fabricated my aboriginal mistake. By cogent her "No" to barking alfresco at night, she had the abstraction not to case at all. Back to the aperture abrading thing. Harley barks already to be let out or in. Cricket will not case at the door. As a amount of actuality she will not case for me at all. I accept a "Speak" assurance but she will not bark. I anticipate she accustomed the "No" assurance for barking one to abounding times. My mistake. This is one we are still alive on.

0 comments